Wednesday, May 11, 2011

How To Impress your Customers

In my years of servicing clients in real estate, insurance, and other businesses, I noticed that it gives a smile to my clients or loyal customers whenever I do a certain habit.

And what is that customer service habit that I normally give?

When a client expect something, make them feel that you will deliver within their expectations. Say, they expect a contract to be delivered tomorrow. If you can deliver it to them today, it makes a big difference.

If a client is expecting a discount, of course, it's not within your means to decide in that aspect but if you can request the company to soften or lighten the terms, or more so, if you can squeeze a discount without a client expecting it, so much the better.

What am I saying?

It is always better to under-promise to your clients but not to the extent that you won't meet their expectations or standards. However, if you can over perform or out perform your client's expectations, your client will remember you for it and in the long term, you will have a vote of confidence from your client.