Wednesday, May 11, 2011

Jogging at the Oval, ULTRA, anyone?

I have a goal and that is to go back to my desired weight at 185 lbs.

I am now over 210 lbs. and so it's quite a pretty challenging task at my age.

Well, I am now 43 going 44 this year and I had that ideal weight more than 10 years ago.

Is it possible? I believe it is.

I have my own Biggest Loser's program. It's been years since I sought to go back to 185 lbs.

But there are so many distractions.

One way to shed my waistline is to diet. Maintain a balanced diet. Protein, Carbo, Veggies, the works.

Don't forget to sleep at least 8 hours a day and drink at least 10 glasses a day.

But dieting is not enough.

I need to exercise. And my body should always try something new.

Been using the stationary bike every now and then. I can't run yet because I'm heavy. And I know running will ruin my knees in the long run. So I thought I have to be light first. But if I don't start now, when would it be?

I thought of brisk walking... jogging slowly until I get the hang of it. Biking is too expensive for me and dangerous.

So I thought of going to ULTRA, now called PhilSports Complex.

Anyone who's interested, you may call ULTRA at 638-4857. They are open as early as 5am and ticket selling stops at 7pm. So you can jog up to 8pm.

I bought a belt bag. Goes to show that I have to motivate myself to jog.

Just do it man. And the journey of a thousand miles begins with one step.