Tuesday, August 31, 2010

Posers

I've been had! again and again...

Shucks. How many times have I said that when a poser who pretends to meet me only to discover that this poser was a no-show?

Why do posers exist? What thrill or pleasure do they get out of this?

They waste your time, expectations... destroy your trust... and even puts a shame on you for being gullible or too trusting.

I never learn. Should I adjust to learn to deal with people like these? But I can't completely disregard meeting strangers. Because I make a living out of this. My line of business involves dealing with people from all walks of life. So I will just charge it to experience and try to detect or screen the real people from the pretenders.

Posers will always be there while the internet growth continues to expand. Posers will devise new schemes, employ dirty tricks to fool people. Fortunately, the posers I've dealt with are not hardened criminals or online thieves who are out to harm you as a means to their end.

Welcome to the internet age. Posers are the new breed of online anti-social people.