Sunday, October 24, 2010

The Ideal Marketing Guy

Read from a daily article a few years ago about the 6 criteria of an ideal Marketing Man.

These are:

1. Professionalism
2. Passion
3. Perseverance
4. Problem-Solving Skills
5. Participative and People-Oriented
6. Persuasive

I would have been perfect as a marketing guy if I possess the above qualities. What more, if I have all those qualities, it wouldn't be a surprise if I'm always at the top.

I guess I would say I would say I'm a little bit of everything that's why I can't say I'm a failure. And a success? Maybe I would wait at the end of my career how I would judge my career based on the outcome.

But for now, I am happy with my marketing style. And I believe that I have marketed myself well.

Friends and clients reach out to me for their real estate, investments (mutual funds), insurance (travel insurance, home and auto insurance) needs. I even have food business on the side and I'm also known to a few for selling yummy goodies that are ready to eat.

To some people, I am their real estate broker.

To others, I am their financial adviser, fund manager, investment solicitor of mutual funds.

People also see me as their travel insurance agent.

While others buy their favorite food from me.

Thus, marketing myself as a cross-seller guy has been effective so far. At least, it gives me multiple sources of income. That way, when one area is not doing well, I can depend on other sources when it is doing good.

Did it ever happen that all are not doing well? By God's grace, not yet.

Grace because inasmuch as I do my part to market myself and my product, I depend on God to bring to me clients who have a need for the products I sell.

And you are more effective as a Marketing guy if you would render a good service to each and every client that goes to you.

And so, a good product combined with a good service and a little bit of everything from the qualities mentioned above and with the help from the Lord will sustain your business for as long as you are in the marketing business.

That to me is the ideal marketing person.