Sunday, October 31, 2010

If I win the Lotto

Tomorrow, the grand lotto is expected to grow up to the pot of P286 Million, the biggest by far in the history of the lotto betting in the country.

It has been 2 decades I believe since lotto became a traditional pastime in the country, offering hope to millions of Filipinos to achieve their dreams and escaping from their problems just by betting on 6 random numbers as a ticket to their fantasies or dreams.

I gathered that winning in lotto had created numerous millionaires in the country. Problem is, just how many, are able to sustain their prize money in the long term. The usual pattern is that after some of these people hit the jackpot, they will spend like there's no tomorrow, give dole outs to everyone who approached them, and indulge in their wants and pleasures like they've never had before. This is not surprising actually. I would have done the same if I am a mere plain happy go lucky guy. But I'm grateful that I'm not.

Having seen the pattern of most of my countrymen when they win the grand prize, I now have a lesson to learn from other people's experiences and apply it in my case, if in case, I'll be fortunate enough to win the grand prize.

Suffice it to say that if I win the grand prize, I will devote my money into the following:

10% of the winnable amount will be given back to God as a form of tithing.

30% will be invested in mutual funds, stocks, and other investment vehicles.

30% will be spent to create a business or buy a franchise (depends on the pot) so that sources of income will be regular and you contribute to the economy by creating jobs etc.

10% will be used to donate and help people in need including relatives, neighbors, friends and people in need.

10% will be spent to buy additional properties and vehicles for security and partly for leisure and travel.

10% will form the liquid money and stored in the bank for the daily expenses.

Ok. so much for dreaming. I pray that I win the lotto while I can still enjoy it.