Saturday, October 2, 2010

Temptation

I was tempted today... twice... within an hour.

I was at Mega Mall, lining up to pay my phone bill. The payor before me took out his wallet and he didn't notice that his P1000 bill fell off his wallet. I immediately approached him and told him that his money fell off the floor. Moments later after paying, he approached me and expressed his gratitude.

A few minutes later, I was next to the guy who was at the ATM machine. After the slip came out, he threw out the slip in a trash can and left. When it was my turn, I realized he hasn't finished his transaction yet but he forgot to take out his ATM card so I saw his balance on the screen. I was stunned because I thought he already got his card so I chased him and returned his ATM card. He was surprised and grateful nonetheless.

In spite of my financial status, I didn't think twice of stealing the money. And I don't think my conscience can bear doing it.

Thank God for the integrity.

I wouldn't pray for more temptations like these though.