Thursday, April 7, 2011

Annual Routine

Ever since I left the corporate world, I took it upon myself to take a yearly physical check up for preventive measure and maintenance purposes.

As we grow older as each year passes by, we are left with no choice but to deal with the stark reality which is whether we like it or not, our body will succumb to sickness and inevitably to dust shall we return. Whew!

So far, so good. I got half of my blood chemistry results yesterday. Tomorrow, will be a day of reckoning as I will get my results that will determine if I'm already diabetic or not.

Diabetes unfortunately runs in the family. So like it or not, no matter how careful you are in taking care of your body and health, if diabetes hits your system, you just have to deal with it.

So I am not being totally complacent or passive about this whole thing. I am doing my share by being conscious of my health and I try to be aware of what I eat and I actually "force" myself to do some physical activity like cardio and weights, just to go through the motions.

Here's hoping that my efforts will spare me again for another year from the disease and hopefully for the rest of my life.