Tuesday, April 5, 2011

The Good News, The Bad News

I know someone who looks forward to the news everyday. Nothing wrong with that. Except that this person's mindset and outlook in life is always negative. Thanks to the media for feeding this person nothing but bad news everyday.


In psychology, when you hope for the best but expect the worst, the latter always prevail. Why is that, you may ask. I think on equal footing, the negative vibrations far outweigh the positive vibes. Maybe we, humans, are intrinsically negative persons. But that's just my opinion.


So instead of focusing on the bad news, I suggest that we practice our faith. 


But how do we practice our faith if lack faith in the first place?


Then my friend, start reading the Good News.


Do not only read but pray because if you are knowledgeable about God, there is really no difference between you and the devil for the devil also believes in God. But praying to God sets you apart from the evil one.


Practice having faith in God my friend.


And you can start by immersing yourself with the Good News.


So faith comes from hearing, that is, hearing the Good News about Christ. - Romans 10:17 (NLT)