Tuesday, April 5, 2011

Complicated Relationships

When I was a kid, I used to read the Bible with illustrations. I love reading it as a child.


Once, I was looking at the 10 commandments and had the courage to tell myself back then which of the commandments that I'm sure I wouldn't commit in my entire life.


One of them was this commandment - "Do not commit adultery."


Fast forward 20 years later, and I found myself in my very first serious relationship, loving a married woman. She's not even separated then at that time. Although her marriage was on the rocks, I would consider, my entry literally broke her marriage into pieces. 


It was pure heaven at the start. I never knew what love was until I met that girl. She taught me what it is to love, how it is to love, and more importantly, it felt good to be loved and cared for by someone you love.


I was living in fantasy. I was hoping it would never end but alas, some good things never last.


As time goes by, complications started seeping in. Her husband though they were physically separated that time, was still wooing her and bent on breaking us apart.


We tried to stay strong together despite the challenges that faced us but in the end, circumstances intervened or should I say, God, and the rest is history.


She was my soulmate. I thought we'd meet again and we'd be together again but as the years went on, the love that we once had slowly drifted apart and on my part, was replaced by another complicated relationship.


Yup, I got into another adulterous relationship. Same situation but this time, the girl has a daughter. And it was made more complicated because the woman I fell in love with was too hard up that I had to dole her as the need arise. 


Soon, I find myself drowning in credit card trap because I had to help out. On my part, it was done out of love. But good heavens, I started noticing this is not the kind of relationship that I've been dreaming of.


Though I like the girl and I love her, my only aspiration in life is simple - to have my own family, to love someone and be loved in return. Unfortunately, we differ in many ways and simple goals like these are anathema to her.  


So much for getting involved in complicated relationships. In the end, I may have matured out of this experience but my emotions were scarred, finances were ripped off that I find myself back to square one.


Now that I'm alone again, I'll see to it that I won't fall into the same situation again.


So much from learning from history. It had to happen to me twice and reap the consequences, before realizing that it does not pay to be in hell.