Monday, April 11, 2011

Keeping Score

How do you know if you win or lose in a game? By keeping score right?

The same way with Life.

Whether you like it or not, God keeps score.

You see, at the end of your life, God will judge you for how you lived your life.

I'm not even talking about salvation. Let's just confine ourselves with keeping score.

Even in dieting, you keep score. For example, I'm on a diet. But this week, I'm already 0-2 because for the past 2 days, I ate rice. Yup, my diet should be a no rice diet. And so by tomorrow, I will try again. And at the end of the month, I will keep score of my weight. I am already 213 lbs as of yesterday. The past couple of months, I was 220 lbs. So by keeping score, I have lost 7 lbs. Now I did not lose this game. To me, it was a won game. However, the game doesn't stop. Once you have reached your desired weight, you have to keep score to maintain it.

So, keeping score is important.

It determines your proximity to your failures or successes.

It also motivates you to reach for your goal or neglect it altogether.

So, what's your score lately?